OPEN AND SAFE
The health, safety, and well-being of our patients, staff, and communities remain our top priorities. Birth control services can be hard to access in the best of times, and the "full suite of family planning services" are recognized as part of Massachusetts' essential health care services.
While Dr. Miller continues to help the broader medical community care for those effected by the COVID-19 pandemic: WE ARE OPEN for business to care for your vasectomy and family planning needs.
Please hover over this box to see the precautions we are taking to keep us all healthy and strong.
2022 COVID-19 Policy for Northeast Vasectomy and Family Planning:
In keeping with CDC and Health Dept recommendations, we have policies to keep you safe while visiting our office:
- We see one patient at a time and stay on schedule. This keeps social contact to a minimum during your visit. Please come on time for your appointment. Call if you are more than 10 minutes early or late.
- We follow official recommendations for disinfecting office spaces, and our waiting room has enough space for 2-3 people to stay well over 6 feet apart.
- All patients and staff must wear a mask at all times while in the office.
- Our staff are vaccinated. We encourage eligible community members to get vaccinated.
- All patients, visitors, and staff are screened on entrance to the office.
- You may bring no more than one support person with you to your appointment. Support persons must adhere to the same policies re mask and illness.
- If you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other sick symptoms, or are on quarantine for exposure to COVID-19 stay home. We will reschedule. Please contact your regular healthcare provider for what to do if sick. Call 911 if seriously ill.
- These policies are from January 1st until further notice. Policies may change as we focus on serving our patients and doing what is best for public health.
Why a no-scalpel Vasectomy?
No-scalpel vasectomy is worry-free, permanent contraception.
No (noticeable) change in the semen
No change in sex drive or climax sensation
No change in the testes
No change in erections
No need to use other birth control
You will be her hero!!!
To speak with us about your questions and to schedule an appointment, call:
1180 Beacon St. Suite 3D, Brookline, MA (Boston area)
For scheduling or General questions: (617) 879-9827
So You’re Thinking about Vasectomy…
Vasectomy is simply a process of accessing the vasa (the tubes that carry sperm from the testes) and blocking these tubes. Traditionally, the vas tubes were accessed by cutting into the scrotum with a scalpel. In the 1970s a doctor in China developed a more gentle technique using very fine tools to access the tubes through a tiny puncture. This "no-scalpel" technique has fewer complications and most patients find the method to be surprisingly gentle. During her fellowship in Family Planning, Dr. Miller learned to perform vasectomies. She perfected her surgical skills both in the United States and internationally. She continues working to optimize her patients experiences and to expand access to vasectomy services in New York City and now throughout Massachusetts. She has lead numerous talks and workshops about vasectomy, and trains other physicians on the no scalpel technique.
Vasectomy is a method of permanent contraception. Across the world, vasectomy is becoming more and more popular. Vasectomy is simple, permanent, and highly effective. Dr. Sarah Miller is a board-certified Family Medicine physician and Family Planning specialist who has done hundreds of vasectomies over the years.